The birth of Myles means that Nightlife has begun for Jon & myself... that little imp wakes to eat every 3 hrly regardless of how much/little he had... he's like a time bomb... 3hrly or less... we tried to make him eat more but he wouldn't drink down more than his 3 ounce and will spit out the rest so we kissed goodbye to our sleep and on to our 2.5/3hrly routine... Not to mention that i have to wake up in the middle of the night to pump my milk ( ha ha ha those miserable few ounces!)
He's such an angel however, regardless of the sleep deprivation, the shit he produced and those days where jon and I would almost kill each other due to our different teaching styles! Dunno if it's worth it but I smile each time I see him :)
Having a child is a life changing experience. (Not to mention body changing as well!). I could better understand the struggle that Abraham had when God asked him to sacrifice his son as an offering... and marvelled at his decision to do so...
Parents are only keepers of our children but how often could we do that? To put God first above your child and know that your child is His and that our task on earth is to bring them to the Lord and that ourselves are but children of God and that we too must return to Him.
I looked at my ministries and my service to God when now Myles is here. In all honesty, it's really tempting to take the short cuts of life to be an onlooker then to be on the ball... and I pray that I will continue to have that spirit to serve the Lord in all my ministries and even better during motherhood. Now, i really need to re-organise things so that Myles could fit into my schedule.... oh, please pray for me!!!
Btw, many thanks for those gifts you guys brought for Myles first month mini party! Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves.
Myles and Mum plus Dad will be back in church soon.... someone please book the back seats for me! (In case i am late mah ... oops!)
A picture of my little furry one... (sigh... i dunno how on earth the pic always stays on top and not at the end of the post!)

3 comments:
Great to see you post. See you soon!
It is a pity that I didn't have time to catch a look at Myles. Great to see you all back. :) Did you fall asleep during sermon?
Me? I wrote about that on my blog. =x
Anyway, you guys can add Jiahui's blog to your links...
http://figgys-world.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment