It happened - the angelic, always nice little boy of mine, at 9 mths and 5 days old, took his first step into the dark side.
No, he didn't walk.
He drove me crazy.
He climbed up my bed and tore at my wall paper. Couldn't be stopped. So off he went to his play mat in the living room.
He thinks he neeeded the phone - no he couldn't bs stopped. So off he went again to his play mat in the living room.
Changing his diapers is a nightmare- he twist, he turned, he screamed. He refuses to be changed. It takes 2 adults and sometimes 3 to make him stay put - and often not without much struggle.
During dinner, I painstakingly cooked his favourite avocado+ apple and cereal dinner.
Off he went to his baby chair - after less than 10 mouthfu, he wanted to get up. No- he cannot be. He needs to be at his baby chair - I felt it's time I make my point clear. MUMMY's not to be defied. First, he twist, then he turned. I relented, giving him a toy to be placed at the little attached table of his baby chair. But contrary to my "nice-ness", he chewed his toy and threw it on the floor. He then made some noise and nope- no more giving in.Then he puffed his face really red,shivering in anger and then he yelled. Yes, my dear son whom is always quiet and nice during sunday service yelled at the top of his voice.
No more dinner for the yelling boy - off he goes to wipe his body. The painful process followed, he refuses to remove his clothes and refuese to be wiped, refuses to put on his diapers.
I snapped. I gave his thigh a good slap- and he was terrified? Nope, he cried with greater displeasure.
Daddy immediately carried the boy out and took over the milk ( in replacement of dinner).
I sat on the floor for a while before heading to the shower.
For the first time in my life - I felt that I had crushed to pieces. My baby has taken his first step into the dark side. Deep inside me I know - his journey doesn't end here.
For the very rare moments, with my son, I found myself wet. And. They were not tears of joy.

updated: The naughty boy watching TV with his new spunky hairdo - Yes he is a mini beng now.
2 comments:
oh no! im cherishing every moment with ki, i hope he wont grow up so soon!!
Ha ha ha... don't we now sound like our mothers - when they sometimes tell us how they wished we won't grow up! ( Sigh, i hate to talk like my mum)... :P
Post a Comment